Hola from Spain! I am a Texas Tech student studying abroad in Seville, Spain. I will blog here about the culture and experiences I go through as a student studying abroad here. I will be in Spain from Monday, May 17th until late July. I hope y'all follow and enjoy my blog!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting Ready to Leave


I was going to leave with my mom, but due to the declining health of Grandma (her mother), she will not be coming with me. I will leave Monday morning at 6:55 a.m. en route to Atlanta flying standby. In Atlanta I will have a layover of 12 hours until I fly to Madrid on standby. From Madrid I will take a taxi to the train station and a bullet train to Seville. I am getting very excited already. I will be studying Engineering in Seville with Texas Tech professors alongside Texas Tech students. The classes will be in English, thankfully.

I am very thankful to be given this opportunity as not everyone gets to study abroad. I would like to thank my Grandma and Papa, my Dad and Michelle, my Mom and Jim, Sarah, any family I forgot to mention, and Srta. Elizondo for everything they have helped me with. I am going to miss all of them very much when I am abroad.

My life in Seville should be interesting. I will have classes Monday through Thursday, giving me a 3 day weekend each week. For the first summer term, I will have class from 9 a.m. until noon. During the second term I will have class again from 9 a.m. until noon and also from 5.pm. until 8 p.m. I will be living with a host family, which I am very excited about. I don’t know any details about the family I will be living with. I will have all meals provided and all laundry done for me. I am excited to try all of the different foods in Spain.

I will also be travelling to other places while I am already over there. I plan to go to Madrid, Barcelona and Cadíz, which are all cities in Spain. I also plan to go to outside of Spain with destinations such as England and Portugal. Some possible destinations include Morocco, Gibraltar, France, Germany, the Czech Republic, and Italy. Of course I will not have time to go to all of these destinations. Also my dad will be visiting when I have a longer break between the two summer terms. We plan on backpacking through Europe from somewhere to somewhere else. The decision is very hard to make when your possibilities are almost endless and we both are easily amused. Every place seems exciting to us.

To sum this all up, I am getting excited and will be in Spain (hopefully) by the 18th.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Christopher,

    This is Hayden! I love you Christopher. I feel bad that your grandma died. And i'm sorry she died by cancer. Because she was soooo nice! Because she just was sooooooooooo nice i don't know why. Oh, and there are 10 days until the end of school and I am happy because in 10 more days i will go to 1st grade! I love you Christopher. do you love me too? Love Hayden.

    ReplyDelete